NOVA Armament, LLC. Transfer Policies
For every incoming transfer, you must fully complete our
and include the sender's Phone, Email, and Fax number to ensure timely processing.
We will call you when the firearm is here and ready for pickup. If you did not receive a call, the firearm is likely not ready for pickup yet.
Please read all of our policies regarding transfers before conducting a transfer.
By transferring with NOVA Armament, you are agreeing to and are responsible for the information on this page.
Failure to comply with our instructions will result in processing delays.
Why transfer with NOVA Armament?
Transfers at NOVA Armament are fast, easy and hassle-free. Not only that, but we accept most transfers from dealers, distributors, and individuals alike. All you need to do once you've bought the gun or won the auction, is to read our policies, fill out our online transfer request form (no need to call or come in, see below) with the required information, and we will handle the rest. Once the firearm is in and ready for pickup, we will call you to come fill out the appropriate paperwork.
These fees only apply to firearms shipped to and from us. Firearms purchased or ordered through NOVA Armament are not charged additional fees beyond the state call-in fee.
- $40 for a single firearm transfer
- $20 for each additional firearm in the same transaction.
- $2 for the Virginia State Police Call-In for VA Residents
- $5 for the Virginia State Police Call-In for NON-VA Residents
- $175 for each NFA item transferred.
If you are engaging in a private sale, but wish to conduct a background check, we'd be happy to provide the service. Both the seller and the buyer must be present, and the same identification and paperwork are required as a normal sale. This is still a transfer, and the $40 fee still applies.
Shipping Rates for Outgoing Transfers:
- This is still a transfer, and the $40 transfer fee applies on top of shipping charges
- $25.00 for
handguns shipping within the Continental United States
- $50.00 for
long guns shipping within the Continental United States
- Contact us for
Alaska/Hawaii shipping rates.
- Rates include
packaging, shipping, delivery confirmation, and insurance
We will accept
transfers from private individuals, other gun shops, online distributors, and
even manufacturers if we are not hindered by any of the purchase / stocking
dealer agreements that are out there.
As with all firearms sales and transfers: if any staff member at NOVA Armament feels uncomfortable with the sale, we reserve the right to deny the transfer or sale of the firearm and return the firearm to the seller.
- Please inform us (using our online transfer request form) in advance of all firearms being shipped to us, regardless of whether the shipper requires our information (even if we are "on file" with that dealer.) Failure to do so will result in significant processing delays.
- Please allow us time to contact the sender and exchange FFL information. This may take 24 to 72 hours.
- Once the firearm(s) arrive we must unpack it, inspect it, and log it into our books. Heavy volume of incoming firearms means this may take up to 72 hours for the firearm to be ready.
- Please do not come in or call until after we call you to inform you the firearm(s) are ready. We get dozens of firearms a day, and do not know which box has your gun. Please be patient, and we will call you when we get to yours.
- Only the person listed on the transfer request may pick up the firearm(s). NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Customers have 30 calendar days from the date of arrival to start the paperwork to pick the firearm(s) up.
- After 30 days, a $15 Per Day, Per Firearm Storage Fee will be incurred.
- After 60 days, a lien will be placed on the firearm(s) and they will be sold.
- If you are deploying in service of our nation and cannot pick up a transferred firearm, contact us and we can make arrangements. We support our warriors!
Regarding Shipments from
Private Sellers (non-FFL):
If the seller/sender is not a valid FFL holder, we have provided a redacted copy of our FFL below, which is adequate to ship the firearm to us. They can confirm our authenticity with the redacted copy via the ATF's "E-Z Check" Website. Note: If the seller is not an FFL, we will ONLY contact them in the event of a problem. Everything they need to ship is located on this page.
The seller must include a photocopy of their driver's license with ALL INFORMATION LEGIBLE with the package. Failure to do so means we cannot log the firearm into our books and will result in processing delays.
That redacted copy of our FFL can be found below: